The Sturmey Archer Sunrace Freewheel Hub features
- Silver 2 Speed Kick Shift Coaster Brake Rear Hub
- 2-Speed internal gear hub with gear ratio of 138%
- Kick shift between gears without shifters or cables
- 6061 Aluminium hub shell
- Available with 32 and 36 spoke holes
- Compatible with 13 to 24 teeth sprocket
- High-polish anodised alloy finish
- Weight – 1395g to 1490g
- Gear Ratio • Overall Range – 138% • Gear 1 – 100% (Direct Drive) • Gear 2 – 138% (Gear 1 + 38%)
About Sturmey Archer
Frank Bowden purchased a bicycle company initially located in Raleigh Street, Nottingham, England .His engineers worked with patents from Henry Sturmey and James Archer resulting in the first Sturmey-Archer 3-speed bicycle gear hub in 1902.
For more than 100 years, Sturmey-Archer has been a pioneer in the design of internal gear hubs, hub brakes and dynamo lighting. This is a history of progressive research and development which has made cycling easier and safer. Moving production to Taiwan in 2000 improved access to better technology, resulting in many design and quality improvements. High quality, design, research and development are now the cornerstones of the company.