The Sturmey Archer S3X Silver 3 Speed Fixed Gear Rear Hub features
- 3-Speed fixed gear with gear ratio of 160%
- Gear steps of 20% and 33%
- Threaded driver compatible for non-fixed 3-speed conversion with standard single speed freewheel
- 6061 Aluminium hub shell
- Compatible with 1/8” 13 to 22 teeth sprocket
- Compatible with 3/32” 12 to 22 teeth sprocket
- High-polish anodised finish
- Weight – 980g
About Sturmey Archer
Frank Bowden purchased a bicycle company initially located in Raleigh Street, Nottingham, England .His engineers worked with patents from Henry Sturmey and James Archer resulting in the first Sturmey-Archer 3-speed bicycle gear hub in 1902.
For more than 100 years, Sturmey-Archer has been a pioneer in the design of internal gear hubs, hub brakes and dynamo lighting. This is a history of progressive research and development which has made cycling easier and safer. Moving production to Taiwan in 2000 improved access to better technology, resulting in many design and quality improvements. High quality, design, research and development are now the cornerstones of the company.