Tipping the scales 400 grams lighter than the Vivid Coil, the new Rockshox Vivid Air R2C Rear Suspension Shock is so obscenely light weight, its destined to give other downhill shocks a body image complex. But don’t let its trim waistline fool you. This is no lightweight. With an all-new air spring system, this shock was built to take on the toughest courses on the World Cup circuit, combining the consistent, supple feel of a coil shock, with the adjustability, tuning, and unparalleled weight savings of an air shock. The result? A shock that sets a new standard for downhill performance.
Rockshox Vivid Air R2C Rear Suspension Shock Key Features
- WEIGHT 530g
- DAMPING External beginning stroke rebound, ending stroke rebound, low speed compression
- CONFIGURATIONS 200x57mm, 216x63mm, 222x70mm, 240x76mm, choose at checkout, price varies (lower)
- SPRING Twin Tube Solo Air
- SPRING ADJUST Air pressure via single schrader valve
- SHAFT MATERIAL 7075 aluminum
- BODY MATERIAL Aluminum
- BODY FINISH Hard anodized
- OTHER *Weight based on a 216x63mm without hardware
RockShox Inc. is an American company founded by Paul Turner in 1989, that develops and manufactures bicycle suspensions. The company led in the development of mountain bikes. It is now part of SRAM Corporation. Turner raced motorcycles in his teens. In 1977, aged 18 he established a company that sold motorcycle components. He later worked for the Honda Motor Company as factory mechanic for their professional motocross team. This put him in contact with designers of suspension systems for motorcycles and other motocross industry people.